Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Lettuce growing.

In article ,
ask@itshall said...
:
:"0tterbot" wrote in message news:Hdu6n.2876
:
: i haven't worked out yet whether seasol/poo stew is a huge help to lettuce
: or not, but it does seem to be anecdotally.
:
:I've always believed that Seasol has been of a lot of use in preventing
:transplant shock. It may just be co-incidence, but if I've ever forgotten
:to water seedligns in with seasol, they haven't got off to as good a start
:as if I do. I guess that would count as anecdotal evidence.

The above is my experience as well. Seasol (or similar) is magic stuff,
especially for minimising transplant shock. A few times now I've
transplanted seedlings, watered some with a seaweed extract, and a
couple without - just to see what (if any) difference it would make.
Invariably the seedlings watered with seaweed extract do better, often
with no noticeable transplant stress at all.