Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_22_] Jonno[_22_] is offline

Default Lake Eyre.

I will email their hotel. It was running last year, and I wonder if it
will again this year....
I want to take a few pics this time around...
It could be the climate change we want....rather than what theyre saying.
I keep hoping theyre wrong.........
Guess I'm optimistic....
You should hope so too.
Thanks for the reply anyway....

Jonno wrote:
Anyone have any idea if it may fill up again after al lthe rains in
Qland?

Not specifically no. It has only filled a few times in the last
century as a result of heavy rains generally associated with La Nina.
Wasn't the last time in the 1970s? I am guessing that SW QLD hasn't
had that much but I don't know how much higher than average is
required to get a flow. If you go here you can fiddle the settings to
show if the catchment has had rainfall higher or lower than average etc.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/rain/index.jsp

If you want to see it you will have plenty of time to get ready as it
takes weeks for the water to flow down that far so you will have
notice that it is likely to happen.

David