Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
YKDesigns YKDesigns is offline
Registered User

Talking Urban Agriculture

As a brief introduction, my name is Yasmin Khan and I am currently in my fourth and final year studying towards a Masters in Product Design and Manufacture (MEng) at the University of Nottingham.

I am currently in the early stages of my final project with my chosen brief of Urban Agriculture designing a product that is simple to set up, manufacture, implement and maintain within the context of the urban environment. As I am still at the beginning of my project I am still not sure what direction it will take – be it fruit/veg, animals (i.e. bee keeping or keeping chickens) or composting.

I thought I’d post on this forum and see what your views are. Do you live in a city but still grow your own? Or do you do you grow fruit/veg or keep bees (for instance) as a hobbie and think it would easily transfer over to an urban environment? What do you grow? Any views, opinions, thoughts would be much appreciated. I’m trying to get a rounded view and not just my own thoughts.
Thanks,
Yasmin