Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
aluckyguess aluckyguess is offline

Default OT Record cold wave gripping the Earth.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/2010-da...ing-the-earth/

2010 Dawned with Record Cold Gripping the Earth

Our recent cold spell comes at the end of a decade-long trend which
has seen global temperatures flatline from their peak in 1998 . or
fall.

That's right, the Earth is not warming - and hasn't been for the past
twelve years.

But don't take my word for it. In one of the hacked emails
constituting the Climategate scandal, Dr. Kevin Trenberth, head of the
Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric
Research, admits privately that he cannot explain the current cooler
trends. "The fact is," Trenberth writes, "we can't account for the
lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't."

The only "travesty" is that these scientists actually believed their
own preposterous ravings, or that they placed such fervent apocalyptic
faith in computer models. Did these overeducated ideologues miss the
class in Geology 101 where you learn that on countless occasions over
the last million millenia, great ice sheets covered much of the globe,
only to recede for brief periods of interglacial warming? Did they
plug that into their models? Or did they really believe this ancient
cycle was discontinued because we started up our SUVs?

There are three reasons why these climate scientists - and their
political and media enablers - need to be held to account:

1. They have used this junk science as leverage to pluck billions from
the pockets of taxpayers in the United States and throughout the West,
to subsidize everything from harebrained "green" technology that no
one wants to gigantic wealth transfers to the Third World.

2. They have used their manufactured crisis to justify massive
government power grabs at the expense of our liberty, such as the
Environmental Protection Agency recently classifying CO2 emissions -
literally our very breath - as a pollutant, and therefore under their
purview of control.

3. They have dangerously distracted people from the real climate
danger: the return of the ice.