Old 05-02-2010, 05:58 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default Mulching with hay bales...

g'day anm,

the figure of equivalents of bales to rolls, this is always a hard one
to equate as bales can come packed tight or loose and slightly larger
or smaller but rolls are about medium to loose pack. generaly they
bandy figures of 10 to 12 bales at least no where near 15 to 20 bales
per 4' roll, for me i'd say at best 10 bales is a better comparrison.
the best way might be to imagine how many bales of hay stacked beside
a roll then add maybe 1 or 2. for me a roll doesn't take much longer
to use than it does 8 or 10 bales.

we just find the end of the net wrap and roll the hay first one way
'till space runs out then the other.

be good if a roll did equate to 60 bales it would run out so fast.

the best hay is spoilt lucerne or spoilt pasture grass hay, next in
line sugar cane mulch, most gardeners can't afford to buy quality
fodder hay for the garden.

On 05 Feb 2010 03:37:59 GMT, anm
wrote:
snipped