Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default callistemon (bottlebrush) container advice?

On 02/06/2010 04:44 PM, K wrote:
writes
In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:
Hi, I wonder if anyone is growing bottlebrush in a container, and if so
which one and what sort of conditions it needs. I have a north facing
but quite bright balcony, minimum will probably be around -5C.

Yes, I do, and it gets colder than that here. I haven't seen any
flowers, but I gre it from seed. You need one of the hardy species
and a well-drained compost.

Mine came from a cutting, outdoors in summer, frost free greenhouse in
winter. No flowers.

Thanks, do you guys have any species recommendations? No flowers isn't
that encouraging, do you suppose it's due to light, climate or container
culture?

-E