Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes[_2_] June Hughes[_2_] is offline

Default Just bought a book

In message
,
Dave Hill writes
On 6 Feb, 20:18, "The Brownie" me@privacy net. wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

From my local charity shop.
The Royal Horticultural Society book *Propagating Plants. *A big book that
looks brand new. *Maybe an unwanted present.
It cost me 60p.
The only fault it has is that the text is so small it's almost unreadable
for me as I have sight problems but I'll find a way round that somehow.

Tina

* Are you able to buy a page magnifier, Tina ?? * I havent got one myself,
but Ive been told theyre good as they rest on the page. *I have a large
magifying glass with handle - quite good but have to hold the handle, (so
it helps to have three hands. lol.)

* * *Margaret

As someone who used to work with People with sight problems I wouldn't
waste money on a page magnifier they dont do a lot,
If you ask your local Social Services dept if there is a low vision
clinic or ask your opticial about low vision aids, you may be able to
get some free or cut price, also you could contact
The Partialy sighted society http://www.partsight.org.uk/
or www.RNIB.org.uk
Both of these can help with low vision aids and advice.
David Hill

I hadn't thought of that. I have great respect for the RNIB, especially
for their hearing books.
--
June Hughes