Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Foxes (again)

Bob Hobden wrote:
Yes, I once spiked two gammon ham steaks whilst digging my allotment and
often found duck eggs.
All looked fresh enough to eat.

Strange that I've never noticed it before. But then, this is probably the
first time I've been out weeding since the local council introduced food
waste bins.

Incidentally, we now have fortnightly alternating collections of rubbish and
recycle with a weekly food waste collection ... and I'm sure I'm throwing
away a /lot/ more than I used to! I don't know if it's just time of year
and I'm clearing out a lot of tat that had been hanging around the house and
garden or what, but I seem to have gone from a small bin bag a week to a
full wheelie bin every 2 weeks! (And a half full food waste bin every week,
where I very rarely threw any food waste out previously!)
Most odd.