Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paw Paw is offline

Default Big Boom In Vegetable Gardening Do To Recession

Hi Rich,

I am sure you're right about vegetable gardening being a good response
to uncertain economic times. I'm included in that group. Do you use
heirloom seeds? Save your own? I had bad luck with my garden since
moving to the deep south in certain areas and good luck in others. It
turns out I had good luck on crops I planted the right time of year
and poor luck when I didn't. Duh! Trouble is I've been planting like
I was still up north. Now I'm depending a lot more on wild foods
since they always seem to grow well. I've been eating a lot of wild
mustard greens lately. Basically, I try to live like tomorrow will be
the day when TSHTF and it's been very good to me as a result. When I
was into big money, I blew big money but now I have little money so I
practice possum living.

-Paw, Doomer in Chief
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brierpatch/