Old 08-02-2010, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Just bought a book

On 8 Feb, 09:46, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 00:24:42 -0000, "Christina Websell"

wrote:

"June Hughes" wrote in message
I hadn't thought of that. *I have great respect for the RNIB, especially
for their hearing books.

Talking books..hearing dogs.
But IKMYM

Have you tried an e-book reader? You can adjust the size of the characters.
--

Martin

There are a range of Electronic aids you could look at,
I am thinking of a small hand scanner (Rather like your computer
mouse) which link to a TV set and give you a much magnified text
(Electronic magnifing glass).
See this article
http://www.rnib.org.uk/livingwithsig...0magnifier.doc

From the RNIB catalogue they offer the following
http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk/browse...c=290&it=1&l=3
you could talk it over with them on the phone number at the end of the
item.
David Hill