Old 08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
mugwump mugwump is offline
Registered User

I tried fantasio and legend outside and ferline in the greenhouse last summer.

I was away for a week in June and when I came back the outdoor plants had been ruined by the blight. Very disappointing. The greenhouse crop of ferline escaped it, but then so did all of my other non-blight-resistant greenhouse tomatoes.

I had been hoping to find a blight-resistant vriety of tomato to rival the' resistance Sarpo Mira has in potatoes, but evident;y the breeders aren't there yet.

I will try again this year, and hopefully, providing I don't go away at the wrong time again, the limited resistance they do have will give me time to get going with the bordeaux mixture and save something of the crop.