Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Thought you ought to know...

atec 77 wrote:

I guess rationalising a natural happening floats your boat , I remember
in the 70's we used to get huge rainfall here in Brizvegas just like the
last few days , maybe things are returning to normal

Funny you should say that, buy my back door frame adjusted itself
overnight and now, after taking out the hinge packing, it is closable
and lockable just like when it was installed.

We are on piers on clay, not a slab, so this means the recent heavy
rains have raised the water content of the claybased soil under my house.

To me, flooding on the NSW north coas was just a regular event.