Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 PM posted to triangle.gardens
WesD WesD is offline

Default What's gonna be in your garden this year?

It is windy and blustery today so I thought it was time to start a
spring time topic.

Probably the same old for me. Tomatoes, pepper, eggplant,cucumber,
bush string beans, okra, yellow squash, asparagus(existing bed). I
have a small mound of elephant garlic that I planted last spring that
started greening out in the fall.

We have a few more collards to much on before it gets too warm and
bolts.

I need to keep ahead of the white flies this year. Last year I let
them get ahead of me.

I have a few acres of land in SC and planted 9 blueberry plants
there. I don't anticipate getting many for a couple years. These
were dug up from some my father planted years ago. They ended up on
land my brother inherited and he wants to run a ditch through them.
He plans to move them with a back hoe, but knowing his track record
for gardening, I expect the plants will be neglected, but it will give
me a place to get more plants if I need them.

I have a few here, but they need screening from the birds which I
never do. I will probably get a few of those canes just so I have a
different variety for better cross pollination.

I never got a newsfeed for usenet so I will have to put up with google
groups interface.

Wes