Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default What's gonna be in your garden this year?

On Feb 10, 2:08*pm, WesD wrote:
It *is windy and blustery today so I thought it was time to start a
spring time topic.

Probably the same old for me. *Tomatoes, pepper, eggplant,cucumber,
bush string beans, * okra, yellow squash, asparagus(existing bed). *I
have a small mound of elephant garlic that I planted last spring that
started greening out in the fall.

We have a few more collards to much on before it gets too warm and
bolts.

I need to keep ahead of the white flies this year. *Last year I let
them get ahead of me.

I have a few acres of land in SC and planted 9 blueberry plants
there. *I don't anticipate getting many for a couple years. *These
were dug up from some my father planted years ago. *They ended up on
land my brother inherited and he wants to run a ditch through them.
He plans to move them with a back hoe, but knowing his track record
for gardening, I expect the plants will be neglected, but it will give
me a place to get more plants if I need them.

I have a few here, but they need screening from the birds which I
never do. *I will probably get a few of those canes just so I have a
different variety for better cross pollination.

I never got a newsfeed for usenet so I will have to put up with google
groups interface.

Wes

We ate thinking of trying Tomato plants in wheat straw this year. Any
stories or advice for us? I have my tomatoes and peppers started. I
have my onions but have not planted them yet. Garlic from the fall
seems to be taking the winter well. WRAL and the farmers Almanac say
spring is not going to be early this year. I hope they are wrong!!!

MJ