Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Is Christina Around?

wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:
I know someone will argue about this, but a metre is
very roughly 3 feet, so 6 square metres is about 6 square yards, 2 yards
by
3 yards.

The difference between feet and metres is only a prolem when you talk
about
hundreds.

I much prefer feet and inches myself, but am quite efficient at metres,
at
least I hope so!(:-)

I'm one of those "in conversion" generation, I do heights of people in
feet
and inches, I do car distances in miles, and I measure things between 1
inch
and 12 inches in inches. Anything less than an inch or between 12 inches
and 5 foot, and racing distances, they are all in metric!

Consequently, I don't do yards, cos people aren't measured in yards!

I would say about ... 4'x9'?

I'm in conversion too. I know how big a metre is, but I cannot visualise
what a something or other x metre sq looks like.
Tina