Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for a gift for my Husband

S WHITE wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to buy my husband a plant for Valentines Day - I wanted
something like a lemon or orange tree, can someome tell me firstly if
they actually can be grown here and if anyone knows where I might be
able to buy one - I haven't seen them in my local garden centre.

You can grow them here, but unless you're somewhere really mild, like
Poolewe or suntraps in the far south-west, they really need to be taken
into a light, frost-free area over winter.

Lemons and satsumas may be bought from Spalding Bulbs, but unless you
can collect them, delivery will be in a month or so.

Better, and a vastly better choice is Read's Nursery
http://www.readsnursery.co.uk/ where there are oranges, limes, lemons,
limequats, grapefruit, oh, and lots more.

--
Rusty