Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Time to plant potatoes?

In article 31,
Zootal wrote:

Some of the stores have seed potatoes. I'm in the mid Willamette Valley,
just a bit south of Salem Oregon. It's mid February. We will get frosts at
night for at about two more months. Isn't it a bit early to be planting
potatoes? Never mind that it's been raining non-stop for a few months and
the ground is mud..

Northern California here, the potatoes that I missed have come up,
frosts or not. Plant 'em, if you got 'em. Worse comes to worse, they'll
come up later.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines