Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

Default Planting seeds

On 12 Feb, 17:35, wrote:
What kind of soil/compost do people have most success with for planting
seeds? *I've not had great success with anything I've tried so far, up to
and including home mixed compost, worm poo compost and B+Q peat free
compost. *We have a John Innes' compost outside which I thought was the
right one, but it says seedlings, not seeds ...
Any advice, please?

--

There's a lot more to it than the compost, but a premium brand of
general purpose compost is a good place to start (not peat free - I

Rod