Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default What animal is eating my vegatable plants.

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:25:28 -0800 (PST), Frank
wrote:

On Feb 12, 11:21*am, "Mike" wrote:
I live in FL and I have built garden boxes that stand about 40+ inches off
the ground. *First something was eating the spinach only. *So I build some
chicken wire boxes, spinach safe now. *Then they when after the radishes.
Covered those. *Then the swiss chard. *Covered those. *Then the Cucumber
plants. *Ate all of those. *Now they are going after the tomato plants.
Whatever it is is not eating a lot but eating each night. *I don't think
rabbits can jump that high. *I do have squirrel and raccoon in the area.
Any ideas.

Mike

Deer? Squirrels and raccoons will dig stuff up but deer will eat
practically anything.

Birds eat veggies too.