Old 19-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Penny S.

Default lamium invasive?

delirium wrote:
Do I dare? I purchased a Lamium Maculatum 'Pink Pewter' at my local
big box store this afternoon. The information I have been able to
find lists it as good for a groundcover in shady areas, but possibly
invasive under the right conditions. I'm trying to decide if I'm
going to regret planting this. The projected area is quite shady and
is comprised of a thin layer of good soil over clay. Not what I would
describe as ideal conditions. If this plant does go overboard, how
tough will it be to trim back? Are there runners? Does anyone have
personal experience with this plant going rogue? My other choice is
to put this in a hanging basket.

Thanks, Jenn

Zone 7, Raleigh, NC

I"ve got it in two or three places and have not found it invasive at all.
I"m in zones 2/3 WA state. The pink flowers are lovely; I have it planted in
the shade with sweet woodruff, cloumbines, and some other spring loveleies.

Penny S