Old 13-02-2010, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Planting seeds

Rod wrote:
There's a lot more to it than the compost, but a premium brand of
general purpose compost is a good place to start (not peat free - I
don't think they've got 'em right for seedlings yet)

I know the peat free is meant to need more attention to feeding, so I
figured it wouldn't be ideal for seeds. But it was also pointed out that
the worm poo and the home compost would both be too nutrient rich for seeds.
Dunno why they can't handle it, but that's what I was told.
To be honest, it would probably help me more if I could get something that
would help keep the moisture level right!