Old 13-02-2010, 08:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default rhubarb

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:24:00 -0000, "Stewart"
wrote:

can anyone advise me of a suitable compost/fertiliser for rhubarb. My wife
will not let me put down dung as the rhubarb pastch is near her kitchen
window. The rhubarb is 2 years old but can I think do with some feeding.
Thank you.

Unless you're going strictly organic, a cup of 10-10-10 fertilizer
sprinkled in a circle around each plant in the spring will work well.
If you use compost, be sure you don't cover the plant's crown or it
will rot.

Ross.