Old 13-02-2010, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lawn Guy Lawn Guy is offline

Default dead grass

Top-Poaster butcher wrote:

I am looking for some advice on placing sod over limited dirt with
lots of roots underneath.
Is there any special advice on this?

Yes, here's the advice:

1) don't post your question 3 times.

2) read the replies that have already been posted. If you did, you'd
see that:

a) waiting until spring is the obvious answer
b) identifying your geographic location helps those that want
to answer your questions. You're somewhere in the US (I
could do an IP-geolocate if I cared).

3) many trees can handle at least 6" of soil over their roots, right up
to the trunk. You don't state what these roots are from (what type of
trees or bushes, etc) but it probably doesn't matter anyways.