Old 13-02-2010, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Growing On Herbs

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:01:03 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I've been very successful with supermarket parsley.
They are always long and leggy but I plant them in the garden - the leggy
top growth often dies back (so I often cut and use it before it does) but it
shoots up again and lasts 2 years.
I have such a plant as we speak, got it for 35p a few days ago (was 1.19) in
the sell by date stuff. It's too early to plant it out yet, but when I do I
have every confidence it will go.
Saves me the trouble of sowing parsley, it can be a real pain to get going
and at 35p it will not break the bank if it doesn't.

I planted some supermarket parsley in a 10" pot last May.

I have used some of the growth, but in early December I put the pot
outside and ignored it.

It has been frozen solid, covered in 6" of snow and always totally
ignored. I notice yesterday that it seems exceeding perky and
showing signs of new season's growth

--