Old 14-02-2010, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default A hitch-hiking orchid

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
I thought some of you might be interested in this although I did post
a bit about it elsewhere, so apologies to those who have already seen
it. There’s a very long pre-amble to this – in fact it is likely to
be a very, very long post, so be warned. This may turn out to be more
efficacious than prozac:

snippetty-snip

What a marvellous tale! We have had a D. antarctica for a few years now,
but the little stump we got was so small there was almost nothing on it.
However, over the past several years we have had about 18 leaves off it, so
it's not too unhappy.

Living where we are in N. Wilts, and it being outside, our chances of
finding an orchid are NIL. So you are a very lucky/skilful person!

someone