Old 14-02-2010, 07:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Simple things that make gardening easier/fun

"Bill who putters" wrote in message
Wonder if you folks found something that resonates with the subject.

I had trouble for many years ( Don't ask ) with wheelbarrow tires going
flat due to cold weather.

About 35 years ago, when we were both young and gorgeous but more
impoverished than we are now, we bought a cheap wheelbarrow that ahd a solid
wheel. We still own that wheelbarrow and have never owned another one.

It never occurred to us that wheel barrow tyres went flat until a friend of
ours was whinging about how often her tyre was flat and how often she was
unable to use the wheelbarrow - a novel concept to us since our barrow has
always been available to use.

Last year I wanted to buy a wheelbarrow for the son-in-law so went looking
for a wheelbarrow with a solid tyre - no such thing could be found in any
nursery or harware shop or in any of the catalogues in these places.