Old 14-02-2010, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Growing On Herbs

Usenet Nutter wrote:
A couple of times I have bought growing herbs in pots like Basil
,Parsley or Coriander etc from supermarkets and while they are fine
and very healthy when you buy them they never survive more than a few
days . I'm assuming that they are forced to get to the "selling" stage
but has anyone ever bought these and got them to last ?
Any tips esp'y what sort of compost if repotting them .

The MiL had a basil plant from Tesco for Christmas Eve ingredients, and
she's just gone on holiday and left what is left of it for me. It was
healthy and growing fine. Although it isn't any more, cos I fed it to the
chickens. :-)