Old 15-02-2010, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Olives don't grow in Britain - hah!

David WE Roberts wrote:
We already know that olives do grow in Britain, and I've just found
another example.

We were at Clacton Pier today and they have three olive trees in
enormous pots at the front of the pier.

All three had black (now slightly wrinkled) olives - a good crop on each
tree.

When I have time I'll post the pictures.

Cheers

Dave R

Strange that passers by didn't pick them when ripe. Nowadays we tend to
regard anything not on a supermarket shelf as inedible. I guess the
birds weren't interested either- can't say I blame them.