Old 15-02-2010, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default Knotweed

Stuart Noble wrote:
I've read everything I can find online about Japanese Knotweed but I
wonder how effective plastic sheeting might be in smothering it. The
front garden in question won't have anything done to it for a year, so
it would be a convenient time to cover it and treat any shoots
appearing at the edges. There is thick concrete either side, so with
luck it won't find its way past that. However, I don't want to create
a damp hothouse environment that might make matters worse over the
summer. Any advice appreciated

It's been known to cross underneath tarmac roads so I understand.
Good Luck
Don