Old 15-02-2010, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Simple things that make gardening easier/fun

In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from brooklyn1 contains these words:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:41:14 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Who on earth buys a wheelbarrow for carrying a few garden tools. They
are for
dirt, sand, cement, firewood, rocks, cinderblocks, etc. all of which
are hauled
better in a good heavy duty wheelbarrow.

We're talking *gardening* here, not builder contracting.

Many gardeners here make their own paths, walls, ponds, fences,
structures.

Most home
gardeners can't handle a fully laden contractors wheelbarrow
(certainly the typical female can't

I can ( 5 ft 2) and I know many professional gardeners who do.

nor do they have a place to store it.

You're getting desperate now. Most keen gardeners have a shed, or
even, a garage, with plenty of space for a wheelbarrow.

And contractors don't use wheelbarrows to mix small
quantities of cement anymore, they use plastic tubs on the ground,
often at the end of the job they toss em in the dumpster... for larger
jobs they use a cement mixer.

LOL, I know many gardeners who own or rent a cement mixer. They use
the barrow to move the cement they made in the mixer.

And if I have heavy loads to haul,
which I often do, my mommy didn't raise a donkey

How does she feel about the ass?

anything heavy and in large quantity I use the bucket on
my tractor.

Gardeners who have no room to store a wheelbarrow (according to you)
are even less likely to own a tractor.

Janet

I just love a good gardening discussion with its' information, snappy
banter, invectives, biting, and gouging. But first, I really need some
popcorn. Good show guys ;O)

Aw, dang. I gotta big bowl of pop corn an' nothins' happenin'. Rats.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines