Old 16-02-2010, 12:31 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Arguments

Anne Chambers wrote:

My tomatoes are finally ripening - but this year, for the first time,
the possums are having a go at them so I am having to pick them
half-ripe and let them ripen indoors. There are lots of apples the
possums could have with my blessing but they seem to have changed their
eating habits

At least I've finally got them out of the roof and all the entrances
blocked off - but did they like the brand new house I put up in a tree
for them (as required by the Dept.of Environment who rented me the
possum trap; one can no longer remove them from the property even if
said property is only a one & a half acre block)? - of course not, they
have now burrowed into the woodpile.

I saw a ringtail possum scooting along the power lines just recently. I
had no idea they could do that, but this little bloke was as surefooted
as if he were waddling along his home-tree. They're noisy and smelly and
annoying if they get too tame... but *so* cute to look at! ;-

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia