Old 15-02-2010, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John-Pa John-Pa is offline

Default Feb14B - 10_00473_Camellia.jpg

This was taken at Longwood Gardens on Sunday with an off-camera flash.
In addition to having an independent flash unit, last year I also
bought an off-camera flash cord for this kind of macro work. This
allows me to hand-hold the flash away from the tripod mounted camera,
and it avoids the problem of the lens blocking the light. The white
light coming in from the upper-left was the flash. This also
demonstrates a "swirl composition" that The Rules say is a good thing.
I originally intended this to be B&W, but I think that the play of
white, yellow and red enhances the image, so I left the color in.

Canon 1DmkIII; EF300mm f4L IS + Canon 500D closeup lens; ISO-400; f32;
1/300-sec

Attached Thumbnails
Feb14B - 10_00473_Camellia.jpg-10_00473_camellia.jpg