Old 16-02-2010, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Using Soaker Hose Irrigation

(EVP MAN) wrote:

I'm going to give soaker hoses a try this year in my 4 1/2' X 50'
vegetable bed.

You need only one soaker hose down the center.... three soaker hoses
down that narrow swarth is way over kill. Only advice is to buy high
quality soaker hose, the cheapos at the big box stores won't last the
season and they don't distribute water evenly, they over water near
the source and fizzle out before ever reaching the end. Leevalley.com
has very high quality soaker hoses... I have like 200' feet in my barn
that I brought with me from my last garden, anyone wants them just
come and pick them up... but I don't know how well they've aged,.
probably best to buy new... you only need a 50' length - $20. And get
an automatic timer for your hose bib or you'll over water and/or
forget.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,2280,33160