Old 16-02-2010, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody birds!

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:49:09 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the *******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Alan

My allotment neighbour grows some wonderful brassicas under a
home-made cage. Some posts hammered in, with jam-jars, yogurt pots or
similar upturned on each, and then the net fixed over it. You need to
keep the net away from the leaves.

Pam in Bristol