Old 16-02-2010, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Bloody birds!

On 16 Feb, 19:55, "Pete C" wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:49:09 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the
******* birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the
green veg?

Alan

My allotment neighbour grows some wonderful brassicas under a
home-made cage. *Some posts hammered in, with jam-jars, yogurt pots or
similar upturned on each, and then the net fixed over it. *You need to
keep the net away from the leaves.

Pam in Bristol

Or a netted tunnel. B & Q do 25mm blue plastic water piep. I think it's
about "20 a roll. Not sure if that is 25/50Mt though. If you erect then fix
the netting to the hoops , when not neded it concertinas down for neat
storage
--

Pete C
London. UK.- Hide quoted text -

I can't grow greens because of Rabbits and flying vermin.
My late neighbour kept fantails, then when he died his wife has kept
them, problem is they have crossed with Wood Pigeons, now the flock is
almost 30 strong, and I can't go shooting them.
I have wondered about usaing a hawk type bird scarer
David Hill