Old 17-02-2010, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Using Soaker Hose Irrigation (balvenieman)

OK, I'll need to run my soaker hoses for 6 hours to equal one inch of
rain for the size of my garden. That should also equal about 6" deep in
my type of soil. The question now is: would it be best to run my
system for a full 6 hours in one shot or would it be best to water three
times a week for 2 hours at a time providing we get no rain in any given
week? I plan to water around 8:00 am. rather than in the evening so I
would imagine I'll have to allow perhaps a little extra time to
compensate for evaporation.

Rich