Old 17-02-2010, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody birds!

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:36:30 +0000, Gopher wrote:

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"alan.holmes" wrote

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the
******* birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the
green veg?

Netting, we treated ourselves to a large 6m x 6m fruit cage for our
brassicas and move it every year in accordance with our 4 year
rotation.

I have wondered about something like that, but the price has been
putting
me off!

If you don't want to go the expense of building a cage, just drape the
green
netting over your veggies.
Or shoot the pigeons, woodpigeon breast is marvellous eating. It's yummy.
Tina

Better than magpie?..... ;-)))

Better than wrung neck parakeet?
--