Old 18-02-2010, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default so how's everybody doing

jankey wrote:
in the midlantic at least? i note Al is warm and snug and expecting a
plague of frogs; everybody else OK? 35 inches total on my deck. we
were out of power for 18 hours (all electric house); had votives going
as smudge pots for the orchids for a while. some of the little phals
look unhappy, but so far the only bud blast is on the psychopsis,
which has been blasting all winter. clearly it's unhappy about the
cold/dry/both.

oh, and it was snowing this morning. :\

--j_a

Shovelled the walk five times Monday; I figured it would be easier to do
it many times an inch or two at a time than all 15 inches at once. Being
on a corner, I have a lot of walkway to do. Shovelled again Tuesday
morning and other than sweeping a light dusting off the porch, happy I
didn't have to go anywhere in it. It's not the roads that's the problem
here - it's the idiot central Ohio drivers who act like they've never
SEEN snow before - all cautious and going 10-15 mph. Yeah, real cautious
and safe - and they'll pull right in front of you three feet ahead going
20 mph less than you without so much as a turn signal on a slippery
road. Yeah, REAL safe!

The orchids are ok; the GH furnaces are doing fine. I did have to rake
the GH roof twice to let light in. And just over the fence, I saw today
the neighbor's front porch roof is on the ground and their carport on
the far side is about halfway down too!