Old 18-02-2010, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default Chard

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:53:02 -0000, "Plum"
wrote:

A stall in our market (Cambridge) is selling a delicious type of chard
unknown to me. They do not seem to know anything about it, so I wondered if
anyone might recognise it. The whole plant is a bit paler than the usual
one and the green part of the leaves is much fleshier. The stalks are pale
green rather than white. It is never the slightest bit bitter. Overall it
looks kind of silvery as if it has been grown by the sea. Any ideas?

Is it silver beet?

--