Old 18-02-2010, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default How to Grow a Tea Garden

"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you don't
like newbies then just say it!!!!
___________________

They don't dislike newbies at all. I was a newbie once, and they were
perfectly pleasant to me. My first few posts were questions asking for
advice, which I readily got. After I had established myself for a few
months, I started to give advice when asked as well. I think what rubbed
people the wrong way is that you came here to show them what to do. On a
gardening group, it should probably be assumed that we already know about
gardening, and if we don't ask for advice on how to garden, we don't need
advice on how to garden. If I had come to this group with my first post
being, "Hey, experienced gardeners, let me tell you how to grow..." they
would probably have rolled their eyes at my arrogance too.
--S.