Old 19-02-2010, 12:42 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Suzanne D.[_2_];877788']"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you don't
like newbies then just say it!!!!
___________________

They don't dislike newbies at all. I was a newbie once, and they were
perfectly pleasant to me. My first few posts were questions asking for
advice, which I readily got. After I had established myself for a few
months, I started to give advice when asked as well. I think what rubbed
people the wrong way is that you came here to show them what to do. On a
gardening group, it should probably be assumed that we already know about
gardening, and if we don't ask for advice on how to garden, we don't need
advice on how to garden. If I had come to this group with my first post
being, "Hey, experienced gardeners, let me tell you how to grow..." they
would probably have rolled their eyes at my arrogance too.
--S.

i agree with what the others are saying as well Tony. u certainly cant come
here and show or tell ppl what to do because a lot of them have gardened for many yrs and have an amazing amount of knowledge on the subject and are more than willing to help u if they can .
its not that newbies arent liked as was already mentioned. its just that it
takes time for ppl to get to know u somewhat and to get comfortable with
the fact that u are really interested in gardening.
we have had a lot of spammers here over the last little while and i think ppl are also tired of that so that doesnt help this situation.
otherwise welcome to garden banter, make yourself at home and get to
slowly know us . cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.