Old 19-02-2010, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
troyc troyc is offline

Default ground cover versus Roundup

On Feb 18, 5:43*pm, JRStern wrote:
Are there any ground covers that are compatible with (not killed by)
Roundup?

We have some bare areas, (idiot) gardner...

Not really necessary...

...has always just sprayed
Roundup there. *I didn't even realize that's what he was doing, until
recently.

So, maybe I can try some ground covers, creeping thyme, red clover,
seedum, maybe some mosses. *Are any of these more or less compatible
with Roundup in between or nearby, or even right on top?

There are no ground covers which will survive a glyphosate (Roundup's
active ingredient) application. If Roundup is sprayed near plants and
applied properly, it will not drift and your plants should be fine.
As far as planting in soil which has been sprayed with glyphosate, it
can be done almost immediately as there are no residual effects.