Old 19-02-2010, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default ground cover versus Roundup

On 2/18/2010 6:43 PM, JRStern wrote:
Are there any ground covers that are compatible with (not killed by)
Roundup?

We have some bare areas, (idiot) gardner has always just sprayed
Roundup there. I didn't even realize that's what he was doing, until
recently.

So, maybe I can try some ground covers, creeping thyme, red clover,
seedum, maybe some mosses. Are any of these more or less compatible
with Roundup in between or nearby, or even right on top?

Thanx.

J.

After many attempts at eradicating it I've determined that the English Ivy
(which is attempting to swallow the wooded area in front of my house and
acting like kudzu) is pretty much immune to Roundup, even when mixed to the
"brush killer" strength. The waxy cuticle on the leaves seems to prevent
them from taking up the glyphosate and even adding a wetting agent to the
spray doesn't seem to make it work much better.