Old 19-02-2010, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default A few loonies me thinks

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 2/19/2010 12:30 PM, Bill who putters wrote:
In ,
wrote:

OK. I'm in more or less the same zone in northern Delaware and happened
to look up thinking about the guy in Canada having trouble growing
peppers. Have not noticed any difference here.

Loon you mentioned is more of a spammer. Website he mentions in Russia
is one to keep out of.

I live about 1-2- 3 to 6 miles from the heart of S Jersey truck farm
paradise. Peppers were common along with tomatoes, string bean, lima
melon etc.. About 20 years ago the soil at Ralph's a guy a worked with
contacted a disease stunting green peppers and the crop never recovered.
Produce just dried up still we had machine picked beans and tomatoes but
along with sweets they went away too. Son's worked in factories and
farms became housing. Any farming turned to soy and corn essentially at
the same time. This from farms that took out for many nutrients years
and relied on 5.10 etc. The soil is barren with houses about now.
Water filtered due to high nitrates.

Sad in Rural S NJ. Still it was HARD work and the machine encouraged
bigger not family farming.

Being Paranoid I think this video is of import. Trying to grow with
shade adds a certain familiarity with this scenario .

Yea I know snow up to your ass but take a look anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD66kjLVNw

Bill Who picked a basket of string beans for .30 cents 50 years ago

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA