Old 19-04-2003, 03:20 AM
adavisus

Default shortcut on dividing hardy lilies?

yup, no problem there, lopping off rambling rhisomes coming off the
plant pot, leaving behind well formed little un's to further develop.
I'd think twice about using kitty litter in the next pot, though.

While kitty litter is just plain old clay, I'd suspect half kitty
litter, and half a heavy ordinary garden soil well mixed might be a
better bet for starting a water lily, clay is often just 'too soft'
for a new water lily to get a grip on, though thats only a personal
observation

regards andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
(andys aquatic plant list for interesting swaps