Old 19-02-2010, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

"Peter Clinch" wrote...
Bob Hobden wrote:

If you are spending £130+ on good leather boots to last most of a
lifetime you have to get it right, approach shoes cost about £60 but are
not all-weather.

What weather aren't they?

Like now when everywhere is inches under water/mud.
Their soles also tend to be not so grippy as the full blown boot as I have
found to my cost traversing a slope in a snow storm!
Of course that may just be the ones I've got.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden