Old 19-02-2010, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Foxes (again)

wrote in message
Was clearing the boys' raised bed today and whilst weeding out a bunch of
onions and last year's potatoes that I had forgotten were there, I found
a chicken breast. (at least, I think it was chicken) It looked quite
fresh, although the soil was undisturbed, so it could have been there a
while and preserved by the cold, I guess.

Do foxes bury 'spare' food to come back to later? I've never found
anything
like this before.

Some years ago when one of my neighbours decided to keep ducks, I was always
finding eggs buried in the garden, and the occasional half eaten duck.

The neighbours didn't keep them for long!