Old 20-02-2010, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Snowdrops

Are you planting them as grown plants or as bulbs? Seems an odd time to
be doing this, since generally they do best when planted as soon as
flowering has stopped. Our church plant sale sells great clumps of them
at around Easter time for naturalizing. Usual price around £1.50 a
clump, which may contain 100 or more bulbs.

Since an unusual form can only be propagated by division, new rare types
will be extremely expensive.

--
beccabunga

I am planting in the green but with flowers, as I have often done
before.

as for propagating you can also do this bt twin scaling see
http://www.judyssnowdrops.co.uk/Prop...in-scaling.htm

David Hill