Old 20-02-2010, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Snowdrops

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:19:18 -0500, beccabunga
wrote:

Dave Hill;877900 Wrote:
On 19 Feb, 20:52, Dave Hill wrote:--
How much were they as a matter of interest?
Tina-

How much were which?
The ones I bought or the over priced bulbs?

The over priced bulbe the first time I looked were reaching around
£70.00 for 1 bulb + P & P-

Prices are better now though the best varieties seem to have been
sold, but look at this one
http://tinyurl.com/ye6qnlq

David Hill

Are you planting them as grown plants or as bulbs? Seems an odd time to
be doing this, since generally they do best when planted as soon as
flowering has stopped. Our church plant sale sells great clumps of them
at around Easter time for naturalizing. Usual price around £1.50 a
clump, which may contain 100 or more bulbs.

Since an unusual form can only be propagated by division, new rare types
will be extremely expensive.

I have jjust received some from Eurobulbs. Nivalis and Elwesii, both
lots in full flower. Hurriedly potted! Will plant out in a few
weeks.

Pam in Bristol