Old 21-02-2010, 07:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Using Soaker Hose Irrigation

I heard that soaker hoses work quite well if you buy a decent hose and
keep the hose under 100' in length. My bed will only be 4 1/2 feet wide
and 50' long. I'll be running two soaker hoses 18" apart down the
center of my bed. My plants will be any distance I desire away from
each hose. I was thinking about 6" away would be a good distance. Do
you think that would work out ok for me? They will be on a timer and
also a pressure regulator. I plan to run the system twice a week for 2
hours at a time if we don't get any rain.

Rich